When someone you care about is hurting it can be hard to know how to help them. Receiving gifts can be helpful for the person that is bereaved, as these can be a reminder that someone is thinking about and cares for them. Sending a token of your thoughts needn’t be expensive – below we have collected some of our favourite, inexpensive gift ideas that you might want to consider gifting.
1. Friend I’m here for you – Made by Laura Jane (£4.95)
‘Maybe I can’t stop the downpour, but I will always walk with you in the rain’ reads the small notecard that accompanies this bonny figurine of a child in a hooded raincoat. A small gesture to remind those you care about that they have someone to weather the storm with.
2. “In Loving Memory” Remembrance Votive Candle with Gift Bag and Card – Angel and Dove (£10.99 but quote FULLCIRCLE10 for 10% discount on all their products)
Lighting a candle in memory of someone is one way to visualise remembrance. Angel and Dove have created a token candle which may be gifted in memory of someone which the person missing them can light to create a visual expression of their thoughts.
3. Pocket Flower Forget Me Not – Little Glass Boutique (£5.00 incl VAT)
These small mementos come attached to a card which can be removed so they can be held in the hand, or perhaps kept in a pocket as a reminder that those one cares about are never far away.
4. Feather Bereavement Fairy Gift – Lotty Lollipop (£10.95)
The hand painted figurines can be personalised by adding a name to the bottom of the figure. The wings may prevent them from being comfortable cuddled like the other small mementos on this list, but they would make a sweet décor addition with a subtle nod to the person that is missed.
5. Thinking of Your Miniature Bouquet of Paper Roses – Marvling Bros Ltd (£4.99)
Giving flowers is a popular way of letting someone know that they are being though of. This matchbox sized faux-bouquet can be kept much longer than real flowers and can be reopened when comfort is sought.
6. Card with rainbow light catcher – Jayne Britton (£4.50)
The removable light catcher attached to this card can be hung in the light – a colourful reminder of the words from its giver.
7. “Sometime all your need is a bear hug” matchbox gift – Liberty Bee (£7.98)
Another matchbox gift to be held comfortably in the palm. The whimsical nature of this bear token means it could make a great gift for younger people and children.
8. Name a star – thegiftexperience.co.uk (£9.99)
Looking at the night sky, up into the stars can be comforting to some people that have lost someone special to them. Some like to think that amongst the stars is where the person they miss now exists. Naming a star after someone is a way of solidifying this connection.
9. Personalised message heart shaped coaster – Sophia Victoria Joy (£6.00)
Personalise this coaster with the name of the mother’s child.
10. Personalised memorial candle – Lollyrocket Candle Co (£8.00)
Lighting a hand poured candle whilst thinking of someone that has died is one way to create ritual around a moment of remembrance. These candles can be personalised for a small additional cost.
GET IN TOUCH
Feedback from the families we have supported